Netflix docuseries Meghan & Harry has exposed the truth about many false allegations previously made about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle - including some of their own claims
The truth about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle has finally been revealed - meaning certain claims made by and about them in the past are now proven to be untrue.
The first three episodes of the couple's highly-anticipated six-part series, Meghan & Harry, landed on streaming giant Netflix on Thursday morning - and it's already causing quite a stir.
Many bombshell claims have been made by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex as they share "the other side of their high-profile love story" - with the Royal Family bracing themselves for the fallout.
In the first episode, Harry says: "No one knows the full truth. We know the full truth. The institution knows the full truth. And the media know the full truth because theyâve been in on it."
Now the 'truth' has finally been exposed, here is a look at a number of Harry and Meghan claims that are completely different to what was previously stated.
Meghan didn't know who 'Prince Haz' was - FALSE
Claims about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have proven to be untrue
In their engagement interview on the BBC, Meghan said she barely knew who the prince was because she is American.
"Because I'm from the States, you don't grow up with the same understanding of the royal family. And so while I now understand very clearly there's a global interest there, I didn't know much about him," she claimed.
And in first episode of the new docuseries, Meghan recalls the moment a pal informed her she was being eyed up by royalty.
When a mutual friend said that "Prince Haz" was interested in her and "dying to meet", Meghan says she replied: "Who's that?"
However, just minutes before in the same episode, Meghan and Harry are seen reacting to an old interview of hers from less than a year before they met.
During the chat, the interviewer asks Meghan to pick between Prince William and Prince Harry, to which she shrugs and pauses before eventually choosing her future husband.
Harry leans forward giggling while saying "sure", as Meghan then asks the Netflix film maker what year the interview was.
When it's revealed it was from October 2015, Harry says it was less than a year before they met, to which his apologetic wife replies: "Honey I'm sorry. Of course I choose you."
So there is evidence in their own docuseries that Meghan did know who Prince Harry was, so it's hard to believe she had no idea who 'Prince Haz' was.
Meghan didn't do any research into Prince Harry - FALSE
Harry and Meghan looked at each other's Instagram feeds
Meghan has previously claimed she did no research into Prince Harry before their first date.
During the couple's bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey last year, Meghan insisted she hardly knew anything about the Royal Family.
She claimed she did no research into the late Queen or her relatives and was taught royal protocol and how to curtsy by Sarah Ferguson just moments before meeting Her Majesty.
In the Netflix docuseries, Meghan still maintains that she did not Google who Harry was before they met and didn't read stories about him on the internet.
However, she has admitted she saw his Instagram page, deciding it was the "best barometer" to judge the prince.
"I asked if I could see his feed, " says Meghan. "When people ask 'did you google him?' I say 'no'.
"But that's your homework. Let me see what they're about in their feed. Not what someone else says about them. What they are putting out themselves."
Meghan was enticed by the "beautiful photography, environmental shots and his trip to Africa, so sounds like she did do a lot of investigating.
Harry and Meghan met on a blind date - FALSE
A snap of Harry and Meghan on their first date
Following their 2018 engagement, Meghan and Harry sat down for a joint interview in which they claimed they were set up on a blind date by a mutual friend.
Harry said: "We were introduced, actually, by a mutual friend - we'll protect her privacy - but it was literally through her and we met once and then twice, back to back, two dates in London last July, beginning of July, and then it was about three, maybe four weeks later that I managed to persuade her to join me in Botswana."
When asked whether it was a set-up, both Harry and Meghan laughed, with the former Suits actress saying: "Yes, it was definitely a set-up - it was a blind date."
"It was a blind date for sure," added Harry at the time.
However, they are now claiming they actually met through Instagram and had been admiring photos of each other before this 'blind' date.
The flirty texts Harry and Meghan sent each other before their first date
Harry explains: "Meghan and I met over Instagram. I was scrolling through my feed and someone who was a friend had a video of the two of them, it was like Snapchat."
The couple have published the messages they sent to each other before they first met - with Harry admitting they exchanged many messages beforehand.
In the flirty texts, Harry writes: "So come on - what u doing tomorrow night? Hope you're having fun over there!"
Meghan replies: "Heading back to soho. I have a dinner tomorrow at 8 but can do drinks tomorrow night. Would that work? Maybe 6?"
A delighted Harry sends back: "You're ON!"
They also enjoyed FaceTime calls before enjoying a first date at 76 Dean Street in Soho.
Most people would not consider it to have been a blind date if there had been that much contact before.
Meghan didn't have any say in her engagement - FALSE
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attend an official photocall to announce their engagement
In episode 3, Meghan describes the time around her engagement to Prince Harry as an "orchestrated reality show".
It opens with archive footage of the pair being interviewed about their engagement on the BBC.
Reflecting on the 2018 interview, Meghan says: "It was rehearsed. We did the thing outside with the press, we went right inside, took the coat off and did the interview. It was all in the same moment."
She adds: "My point is we weren't allowed to tell pour story because they didn't allow it."
BBC journalist Mishal Husainm who conducted that interview with the Sussexes, has strongly disputed Meghan's claim.
"My recollection is definitely very much, asked to do an interview, and do said interview," Mishal said on BBC Radio 4 this morning.
She added: "We know recollections may vary on this particular subject but my recollection is definitely very much, asked to do an interview, and do said interview."
Harry and Meghan had to get engaged in the UK - FALSE
Prince William and Princess Kate got engaged outside the UK
Prince Harry has told viewers that he was forced to propose to Meghan in the UK.
He claims he had to ask the late Queen for her approval to get down on one knee to Meghan, which happened while they were roasting a chicken.
"I wanted to do it earlier but because I wanted to ask permission from my grandmother, I couldn't do it outside of the UK," he says in the third episode.
"I did pop a bottle of champagne while she was greasing the chicken and that kind of slightly gave the game away cos she was like 'You don't drink champagne. What’s the occasion?' I was like 'I just have it around'."
The Queen gave formal permission for her 'dearly beloved' grandson to marry his American bride.
"I declare My Consent to a Contract of Matrimony between My Most Dearly Beloved Grandson Prince Henry Charles Albert David of Wales and Rachel Meghan Markle, which Consent I am causing to be signified under the Great Seal and to be entered in the Books of the Privy Council," the letter from the Queen said.
So that part of the story is definitely true, but it seems odd that Harry would be banned from doing it outside of the UK.
His brother and future King, Prince William, proposed to Princess Kate during a trip to South Africa.
Meghan rarely wore colour in the UK - FALSE
Meghan says she rarely wore bright colours
Even claims Meghan has made about her outfits have come under scrutiny.
In the third episode, she says she rarely wore colourful clothes on these shores.
"When I was in the UK I rarely wore colour," she remarks, explaining the reason being that she would not clash with the late Queen.
"I wore a lot of muted tones. I also wore it so I could just blend in," says Meghan. "I'm not trying to stand out here. I don't want to embarrass the family."
However, undeniable photo evidence taken from many royal outings prove that Meghan regularly wore many bright colours.
Green, red and yellow outfits have all been displayed.
The royals are preparing to hit back at Meghan and Harry's claims
The "unprecedented and in-depth" docuseries, directed by Oscar-nominated Liz Garbus, has been billed as a Netflix global event.
In a trailer for the show, Harry warned "we know the full truth" and spoke of a â"hierarchy in the family", a "dirty game" and "leaking and planting of stories".
Its premiere comes exactly three months after the death of Harryâs grandmother the late Queen, with the Windsors still grieving and the King less than 100 days into his reign.
The first three episodes are steaming now, with the second volume of three set to be released on December 15.
The Sussexes signed lucrative deals thought to be worth more than £100 million with Netflix and Spotify after quitting the monarchy amid the Megxit crisis as they struggled with royal life.
The royals are reportedly preparing to hit back at any claims coming from Harry and Meghan which they believe to be false.
A senior royal source said: "There is a completely united front from the King and his family concerning the numerous attempts to privately make peace with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, which sadly have once again resulted in the other side wishing to air their repeated grievances to the world.
"If there is a need to respond to anything in the upcoming series then you can be assured that response will be swift and robust."